DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Carpentry Joinery Services Limited
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the
information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to
come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection
Who are we?
Carpentry Joinery Services Limited, our Office Manager, Elizabeth Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) deals with procedures, policies and requests relating to Data Protection.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes
- Site deliveries
- General contact
Third Parties who we share data with (with your consent)
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with:
- Subcontractors who are working on your site
- Suppliers who will deliver to your site
Who we do not share information with
Any outside party who is not directly related to your project
Your rights to your data
Unless subject to an exemption, under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Carpentry Joinery Services Limited holds about you
- The right to request that Carpentry Joinery Services Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Carpentry Joinery Services Limited to retain such data
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, where applicable.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for the length of your project and until any guarantee period, or retention period has passed. At this point it will be moved to an archive unless you contact us to request removal. Financial data is required to be retained for a period of 6 years from the end of the current financial year.
How you can request removal of your data? (following required retention periods)
Contact email@example.com and request removal of data, confirmation of this will be provided within 14 days.
How can you view any data held by us?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of your data, this will be provided within 14 days.
How is your data kept secure?
Carpentry Joinery Services Limited has several security measures in place for the security of data, paper copies are kept in locked filing cabinets within a locked office. Digital information is stored on a secure Cloud based server with access permitted by minimal staff via secure/password protected terminals.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Carpentry Joinery Services Limited has no reason to supply your data to any third party abroad/outside of the EU unless you have requested delivery of a product supplied from another country. Under these circumstances Carpentry Joinery Services Limited will ensure that only the minimum required information will be provided.
If Carpentry Joinery Services Limited wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact email@example.com
You can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.